Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Kansas City (Blue KC) will adjust its Prescription Drug List effective January 1, 2018, for Blue-Care® (HMO), BlueSelect Plus (PPO), Preferred-Care® (PPO), and Preferred-Care Blue® (PPO) plans. Group-specific benefit exceptions may apply.
- tier changes increasing member copayment (Medications moving from Tier 2 to Tier3),
- new step therapy requirements, and
- other changes.
These changes do not affect group members on the Express Scripts High Performance Formulary.
Blue KC is taking proactive steps in order to limit member and physician disruption, including
- Affected employer groups will be receiving a letter soon. Additionally, affected members will receive a similar communication later this month.
- Blue KC will notify impacted members by email and/or phone and are available to answer questions about medication alternatives, step therapy and how to request a change from a physician.
- All in-area providers will be notified by letter this month in the event their patients contact them to discuss alternative medications.
For more information, contact your Bukaty benefits consultant at 913.345.0440.
As always, we appreciate your business.