The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) released a new Form I-9, effective through July 31, 2026. Last week, Bukaty Companies issued information regarding the anticipated form revision. Updated instructions for completing the form were also issued by the USCIS.
The revision includes
- a reduction of Sections 1 and 2, resulting in a single one-sided sheet,
- compatibility with tablets and mobile devices,
- an updated Lists of Acceptable Documents that includes some acceptable receipts,
- a checkbox for employers to indicate if a remote examination of documents, compliant with a Department of Homeland Security-authorized (DHS) procedure, occurred,
- shorter instructions, and more.
For additional information, contact your Bukaty benefits consultant at 913.345.0440.