Blue Cross Blue Shield of Kansas City (Blue KC) established new assistance programs and COVID-19 relief policy extensions to aid employer groups during the outbreak.
- Small, fully insured groups (2 – 99) will receive a 10% premium credit on the August 2020 invoice. This discount includes medical and dental premiums.
- Large, fully insured groups (100+) with favorable claims experience compared to the COVID-19 Experience Period targets (for claims incurred March 1, 2020 - February 28, 2021, and paid through April 30, 2021) will receive up to a 5% credit for their annual premium on the July 2021 invoice. This excludes Cost Plus, Max Refund and Contingent Premium contracts.
- For specified new employer groups (51-99 fully insured and all 100+ employers), Blue KC will waive the first month’s Spira Care premium/administrative fee for August 1, 2020 through December 1, 2020 effective dates.
COVID-19 relief policy updates
The following COVID-19 emergency policies are extended until July 25 to provide members relief during these uncertain times.
- 30-day prescription maintenance medication refill limits are waived.
- Member cost sharing for virtual (e.g., face-to-face, phone, text message, email) medical or behavioral health visits are waived.
- Cost sharing and copays for in-patient hospital visits resulting from a COVID-19 diagnosis are waived.
These COVID-19 policy updates may not apply to National Alliance, JAA groups and Medicare Advantage members. For Blue KC COVID-19 updates, visit the Blue KC COVID-19 resource page.