Employers must meet requirements at state and federal levels for displaying certain posters in conspicuous places. Failure to do so can result in costly fines.
Posters do not need to be purchased and are available to all employers at no cost. Ensure relevant posters are being displayed.
- Federal requirements - https://www.dol.gov/general/topics/posters
- Kansas requirements - https://dol.ks.gov/laws/download-posters
- Missouri requirements - https://labor.mo.gov/posters
Employers operating with remote workforces are not immune to posting requirements, even if the employer lacks a brick-and-mortar location. The DOL has issued guidance indicating that electronic postings are acceptable when
- all employees exclusively work remotely,
- all employees customarily receive employer information electronically,
- all employees have readily available access to electronic postings at all times.
To constitute as readily available the posters must be available at all times without having to request permission, and employees must be notified how and where the posters can be accessed.